When you enter the International Movie Trailer Festival, you’re immediately a winner because your trailer will be posted in a searchable online database, where fans and producers can find your work. Also, we’ve formed an alliance with an innovative film distribution company that will search our Festival looking for movies that can be shown in more than 500 movie theaters throughout the U.S. (Details about this distribution partnership will be given later this spring in our Updates section.)
But perhaps you’re also interested in cash awards and other valuable prizes. For our 2011 Festival these are:
Jury Awards chosen by a panel of industry professionals listed in About.
- Grand Prize: $3,000 cash!
- Best Student Entry: $250.
- Best Trailer in each of the five categories: Fiction, Documentary, Book, Web Series, Cameraphone: $250.
- Best of the Festival Awards: The top dozen or so entries will be featured on IMTF’s website.
- Best Micro-trailer (15 seconds or less): $100.
People’s Choice Award determined by voters on this site: $500. In case of ties, the award will be split among the top vote getters.
Additional prizes: may be added at the discretion of IMTF. In this case, announcements will be posted in the Updates section of this website. Or if you want to be notified, please sign up to receive news by email.
Note: An entrant may win only one cash prize.